This course is designed for the new AutoCAD user who requires comprehensive training in AutoCAD. It incorporates the features, commands, and techniques for creating, editing, and printing drawings with AutoCAD. Using hands-on exercises, students create 2D production drawings.
- New users of AutoCAD.
- User with little experience with AutoCAD.
- User who used a different CAD tool and are looking to migrate to AutoCAD.
To teach the basic commands for professional 2D drawing, design and drafting using either AutoCAD.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the AutoCAD user interfaces.
- Use the fundamental features of AutoCAD.
- Use the precision drafting tools in AutoCAD to develop accurate technical drawings.
- Present drawings in a detailed and visually impressive way.
Taking the AutoCAD Tour
- Navigating the Working Environment
- Working with Files
- Displaying Objects
Creating Basic Drawings
- Inputting Data
- Creating Basic Objects
- Using Object Snaps
- Using Polar Tracking and PolarSnap
- Using Object Snap Tracking
- Working with Units
- Selecting Objects in the Drawing
- Changing an Object s Position
- Creating New Objects from Existing Objects
- Changing the Angle of an Object s Position
- Creating a Mirror Image of Existing Objects
- Creating Objects
- Creating Object Patterns
- Changing an Object s Size
Drawing Organization and Inquiry Commands
- Using Layers
- Changing Object Properties
- Matching Object properties
- Using the Properties Palette
- Using Line types
- Using Inquiry Commands
- Trimming and Extending Objects to Defined Boundaries
- Creating Parallel and Offset Geometry
- Joining Objects
- Breaking and Object into Two Objects
- Applying a Radius Corner to Two Objects
- Creating an Angled Corner Between Two Objects
- Changing Part of an Object s Shape
Working with Layouts
- Using Layouts
- Using Viewports
Annotating the Drawing
- Creating Multiline Text
- Creating Single Line Text
- Using Text Styles
- Editing Text
- Creating Dimensions
- Using Dimension Styles
- Editing Dimensions
- Using Multileaders
- Hatching Objects
- Editing Hatch Objects
Working with Reusable Content
- Using Blocks
- Working with DesignCenter
- Using Tool Palettes
Creating Additional Drawing Objects
- Working with Polylines
- Creating Splines
- Creating Ellipses
- Using Tables
Plotting Your Drawings