E-Business: Fundamentals of E-Commerce is an introductory-level course designed to provide the student with a basic understanding of some of the fundamental concepts related to E-Commerce.
The target student for this course is a business professional interested in obtaining some introductory knowledge of E-Commerce
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss fundamental aspects of E-Commerce, a brief history of the Internet and its influence on E-Commerce, the validity of popular E-Commerce myths, and why E-Commerce is increasingly being integrated into the business model.
- Discuss customer relationship mangement, enterprise resource planning, supply chain management, e-procurement, and knowledge management.
- Discuss common implementation costs, transactions and security concerns, staffing issues related to E-Commerce, and the international marketplace.
- Discuss different planning, risk management, and metric identification techniques for measuring the success of E-Commerce inititatives.
- Review marketing statistics on Internet user behavior, different types of marketing communications pieces, and visibility-raising marketing strategies for an E-Commerce presence on the World Wide Web.
- Research information about E-Commerce-related software, hardware, and service providers.
Lesson 1: Overview of E-Commerce
- Defining E-Commerce
- History of the Internet and E-Commerce
- Dispelling E-Commerce Myths
- Why E-Commerce?
Lesson 2: The E-Commerce Domain
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Knowledge Management
Lesson 3: Facing Challenges in E-Commerce
- Costs Involved in E-Commerce
- Internet Transactions
- Security Concerns
- Staffing Concerns
- The International Marketplace
Lesson 4: Achieving Goals in E-Commerce
- Planning Techniques for Implementing E-Commerce Solutions
- Evaluating Risk in E-Commerce Planning
- Measuring the Success of E-Commerce Initiatives
Lesson 5: Developing E-Commerce Marketing Strategies
- Internet Statistics: A Reference
- Marketing COmmunicaitons on the Web: A Reference
- Marketing on the Internet: A Reference
- Topic title
Lesson 6: E-Commerce: Hardware, Software, and Service Providers
- Identifying Software Involved in E-Commerce
- Identifying Hardware Involved in E-Commerce
- Identifying Service Providers Involved in E-Commerce