You will explore the PowerPoint environment and create a presentation. You will format text on slides to enhance clarity. To enhance the visual appeal, you will add graphical objects to a presentation and modify them. You will also add tables and charts to a presentation to present data in a structured form. You will then finalize a presentation to deliver it.
Prerequisites: Students should be familiar with using personal computers, and have used a mouse and keyboard. They should be comfortable with the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on their computers. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Students should have completed the following courses or possess equivalent knowledge before starting with this course:
- Microsoft® Office Windows® XP/7/10 Introduction
- Microsoft® Office Windows® XP/7/10 Professional Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Windows® XP/7/10 Professional Level 2
This course is one of titles that address Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification skill sets. The MOS certification program is for individuals who use Microsoft's business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products.
This course is designed for students who are interested in learning the fundamentals needed to create and modify basic presentations using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the components of the PowerPoint 2013 interface.
- create a presentation.
- format text on slides.
- add graphical objects to a presentation.
- modify graphical objects in a presentation.
- work with tables in a presentation.
- add charts to a presentation.
- prepare to deliver a presentation.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with PowerPoint
- Topic 1A: Identify the Elements of the User Interface
- Topic 1B: View Presentations
- Topic 1C: Save a Presentation
- Topic 1D: Use Microsoft PowerPoint Help
Lesson 2: Creating a Basic Presentation
- Topic 2A: Select a Presentation Type
- Topic 2B: Enter Text
- Topic 2C: Edit Text
- Topic 2D: Format Text Placeholders
- Topic 2E: Add Slides to a Presentation
- Topic 2F: Arrange Slides
- Topic 2G: Work with Themes
Lesson 3: Formatting Text on Slides
- Topic 3A: Apply Character Formats
- Topic 3B: Format Paragraphs
Lesson 4: Adding Graphical Objects to a Presentation
- Topic 4A: Insert Images into a Presentation
- Topic 4B: Add Shapes
- Topic 4C: Add Visual Styles to the Text in a Presentation
Lesson 5: Modifying Graphical Objects in a Presentation
- Topic 5A: Edit Graphical Objects
- Topic 5B: Format Graphical Objects
- Topic 5C: Group Graphical Objects on a Slide
- Topic 5D: Arrange Graphical Objects on a Slide
- Topic 5E: Apply Animation Effects
Lesson 6: Working with Tables
- Topic 6A: Insert a Table
- Topic 6B: Format Tables
- Topic 6C: Import Tables from Other Microsoft Office Applications
Lesson 7: Working with Charts
- Topic 7A: Insert Charts
- Topic 7B: Modify a Chart
- Topic 7C: Import Charts from Other Microsoft Office Applications
Lesson 8: Preparing to Deliver a Presentation
- Topic 8A: Review the Content in a Presentation
- Topic 8B: Divide a Presentation into Sections
- Topic 8C: Add Transitions
- Topic 8D: Add Speaker Notes
- Topic 8E: Print a Presentation
- Topic 8F: Deliver a Presentation