To help you prepare for this exam, our instructor-led course 10777 describes how to implement a BI platform to support information worker analytics. In this course students will learn how to create a data warehouse with SQL Server 2012, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
Course 10777 helps people prepare for the exam 70-463.
The primary audience for this exam is ETL and Data Warehouse Developers. They are most likely to focus on hands-on work creating business intelligence (BI) solutions including data cleansing, Extract Transform Load (ETL), and Data Warehouse implementation. Their primary responsibilities may include:
- Mastering data using Master Data Services
- Cleansing data using Data Quality Services
- ETL Package development for data loading/transfer/transformation
- Data Synchronization
- One-time data or application migration
- Ad-hoc data manipulations, transformations
- Scheduling ETL jobs
- Managing, configuring and deploying SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
Credit Toward Certification
Exam 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012
- MCSE: Data Platform
- MCSE: Business Intelligence